Tropical Mango & Avocado Salad
I was inspired by my trip to Florida to create a refreshing, healthy salad with a tropical flair. I decided to add some mango, oranges and avocados to bring a little sunshine back to the city.
Mango Avocado Salad
- enough romaine for 3-4 people
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 mango sliced into thin strips
- 1 orange sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 red pepper sliced and cubed
- 1/3 cup of toasted pistachios
Lime Honey Vinaigrette
- juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 TB. of honey
- 2 TB. cup of white wine vinegar
- 4 TB. of olive oil
- 2 TB. of chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 teas. of cumin
- 1/4 red pepper flakes
- season with salt & pepper
- Arrange ingredients on plates. Mix up vinaigrette in a cruet and pour over each salad.
- Enjoy the feeling of being on vacation!