Breakfast Cookies / Vegan & Gluten free
(makes 12 – 15 depending on the size you make them)
You can make a batch of these breakfast cookies and keep them wrapped in “twos” in the freezer. Take them out as needed to thaw the night before. They are great with coffee in the morning, along with fruit or jam. They are also good with a cup of tea as a midday snack to tide you over, as they are not overly sweet.
Ingredients: (preheat oven to 340 degrees)
- 1 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of oat flour (you can substitute whole wheat flour for the oat & coconut flour)
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of flaked coconut
- 1/2 teas. of salt
- 1/2 teas. of nutmeg
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 2 TB. of coconut Manna
- 1 teas. of vanilla
- 2 small mashed bananas (mash with a fork in a small bowl first)
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 2 TB. of ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- Stir together well
Form into 2″ balls and place on a cookie sheet greased with coconut oil. Press down with a spatula to flatten. I pressed a few almonds into the tops before baking.
Bake in the oven at 340 degrees for about 10 – 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Let cool and use a spatula to remove and arrange on a plate.
Extra good with a dollop of all fruit jam on top!
These Breakfast Cookies are a satisfying treat any time of day!