Potato salad alway reminds me of summer! It is a great side dish that can accompany a lot of different summer meals – but many times it is overly mayonnaised and does not have many healthy ingredients in it. This potato salad is full of colorful vegetables and is almost a meal in itself!
I love the color and shapes of heirloom tomatoes and potatoes. They add so much color and such interesting shapes to any dish.
- 2 cups of baby heirloom tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 cups of baby heirloom potatoes simmered until tender (a knife goes in easily) and halved
- Baby red onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of celery thinly sliced
- 2 Tb. of chives cut in 1″ pieces (or fresh Italian parsley or dill)
- 1/4 cup of black olives
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs cut in fourths
- 2 TB. of mayonnaise
- 2 TB. country dijon mustard
- 2 TB. olive oil
- 2 TB. white wine vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- smoked paprika
- Place all of the sliced vegetables in a bowl. Lightly toss the dressing into the salad ingredients and top with the eggs, olives and chives.
A taste of summer on a plate!