These red endive lettuce wraps are filled with hummus, minced peppers, red onion, black olives & sun dried tomato strips. I drizzled them with a parsley tahini dressing and then sprinkled each with micro greens. They are an easy and delicious combination of Mediterranean flavors!
Lettuce wraps are a wonderful and fun way to eat a salad and may fool your family into eating more greens and veggies! Red endive works really well because the leaves are the perfect size and they hold up well without falling apart. Plus they are a beautiful red purple color. You simply fold each leaf in half and eat!
- 1 large red endive
- 1/4 cup of minced red pepper
- 1/4 cup of minced yellow pepper
- 1 /4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of pitted oil cured black olives
- 1/2 to 1 cup of hummus (I used my favorite prepared red pepper hummus)
- 1/3 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup of micro greens
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of Italian parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
* water for desired consistency
Place all of the above ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
Cut the end off of the endive and carefully pull each leaf off. Place on a serving dish and spoon a few tablespoons of the hummus into each leaf. Sprinkle with the chopped and minced vegetables, the olives and sun dried tomato strips. Top with feta crumbles and drizzle with the parsley tahini dressing. Add a bit more salt & fresh ground pepper and a handful of micro greens.
Serve and enjoy!