I love roasted sweet peppers, and stuffing them with a brown rice filling makes them that much better! These stuffed peppers are really easy to prepare and make a nice meatless meal for vegetarians.
- 1 cup of brown rice (cooked according to directions)
- 10 – 12 mini sweet peppers
- 1 – 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 2 TB. of fresh parsley (minced)
- 8 – 10 olives
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup of marinara sauce (any brand you like)
* a handful of micro greens (optional)
* Slice the peppers in half lengthwise.
* Brush the sliced peppers with olive oil on both sides.
* In a bowl, mix the cooked brown rice with the chopped vegetables and the seasoning. Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves and add a spoonful of marinara sauce to each one. Top with the feta crumbles and some extra salt & pepper.
* Bake at 400 degrees until the peppers are soft and golden.
* Sprinkle the stuffed peppers with a handful of micro greens and serve while warm!