This is such a perfect summer salad! It is a wonderful combination of fruits, fresh greens, basil, and mint. The light, lime & honey dressing makes it a refreshing side dish to any barbecue. Watermelon makes it especially summery, and it is a nice mix of sweet & savory with the fruit, herbs and feta!
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon (cut into 1″ cubes)
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 – 2 small cucumbers (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of basil (torn leaves)
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint (torn leaves)
- 2/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 pine nuts
- 2 – 4 cups of mixed greens
- 2 – 3 TB. of olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 1 TB. honey
- salt & pepper to taste
Stir together the olive oil, lime, honey, salt & fresh pepper – then set aside.
Arrange the greens on a platter and top with the watermelon cubes, berries, cucumber slices, basil & mint. Pour the dressing over everything and top with the feta cheese and toasted pine nuts.
You will never get tired of this summery salad combination and neither will your family!